Sun Kissed Studios

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Sun Kissed Studios

2 posters

Entertaining the Flames ;

xXSoumaSanXx
    xXSoumaSanXx

Entertaining the Flames ;  Empty Entertaining the Flames ;

Post  xXSoumaSanXx Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:47 pm

Okay, so, first things first, this isn't anime. It's a story that I'm currently working on and I'm looking for some feedback. It's based of a rp that I did with a friend, but got a more intellectual idea for it. It's not the best, and there's probably errors (I'm horrible at re-reading my work sometimes), like I said before, I need some feedback whether or not it's a good idea. I have two other chapters done and I'm working on the fourth one.

Without further ado, enjoy.
    (;

Chapter 1; Unfortunate Days

Lucy wasn’t exactly planning on being outside so late at night, but when her best friend Abby insisted that they went outside to practice, she just had to agree. It was a dusky night and Lucy could barely see Abby’s face a few feet in front of her. The two were silent, scanning the area around, making sure the patrol wasn’t out doing their rounds.

“Well,” Lucy started, her voice narrowly above a whisper. He gaze was fixed onto the grass to the side of her, where it stood idly. “Here we are.”

Abby nodded. “Yeah, here we are.” She mustered, glancing up at Lucy. She was able to see Lucy’s flame colored hair shine from the moonlight.

Lucy licked her lips nonchalantly and glanced at Abby, her olive eyes scanning her face for any emotion. She then sighed and a small flame flickered from her fingertips. “Well, it’s not or never.” Was what came next, Lucy changing her position to her knees bent and hands in front of her. “Show me what you got.”

Abby rolled her eyes and folded her arms. “I’m not going to attack you, Lucy.” She responded as she watched Lucy stand tall and let out a frustrated grunt. “I don’t want to hurt you.”

“That’s dumb.” Lucy replied with exasperation, taking a side step as she kept an eye on Abby. “I’ve been hurt plenty of times! Helllo!” She threw her hands up in the air, while flames engulfed around them. Abby took a small step back, a bit startled by the flames. “I’ve been burned so many times that pain is a joke to me, you wont hurt me, I promise.”

Abby was unsure, she looked between Lucy’s olive eyes to her flaming hands. “Well, if you say so Lucy.”

“If I say so.. I know so.” Lucy muttered to herself as she returned to her ‘fighting’ position and held a sly look on her face. She was ready to take a swing at Abby before a dark fog emerged before her, making her unable to see anything. She let out a small cough, Lucy couldn’t tell if it was because of the fog or something caught in her throat. She tried to use her fire to cease the fog, but it didn’t prevail and more fog surrounded her.

Lucy turned her body, in an attempt to see if Abby was making her way towards her. She thought she caught a glimpse of Abby’s raven black hair, but her eyes shut and another cough emerged from her body. Opening her eyes wasn’t much of a help, as she couldn’t see anything. She was about to let a flame burst from her hand before she was kicked roughly in the side.

Her face met the cold, wet grass in a matter of seconds. She spit out a mouthful of grass she managed to catch in her mouth and quickly rolled to her back. She watched Abby’s figure levitate through the fog as a devious look grew on her face. Lucy pushed herself up and quickly shot fire out at the figure, watching the girl quickly move out of the way.

“Gotcha,” Lucy whispered to herself and moved with ease, trying to make her way through the fog. The fog made her throat burn, but the noise was to be used to Abby’s advantage. Trying to keep her cough away, she shot another flash of fire and moved quickly as she saw Abby for a brief second.

She closed her eyes slowly, taking in a deep breath and slowed her moment until she was standing still. Accidentally letting out a loud obvious cough, she cringed a bit but her composure stayed the same. And that’s when she saw Abby coming towards her quickly, as if there was no fog around them at all. Without opening her eyes, Lucy reached out and managed to grab onto Abby’s ankle, and with a little force, she brought the smaller girl down to the ground and tumbled onto the girl.

Legs by the girl, and one hand keeping Abby down, Lucy raised her free hand and fire surrounded it. “I got you now..” She started in a low tone, lowering the flames. Abby could feel the heat radiating off Lucy’s hand and gulped, she was afraid that Lucy was actually going to do something. Lucy was well known for hurting others if they were arrogant or rude to others, or just attacking them if they annoyed her.

Lucy was kicked out of her old high school for starting a fire in the middle of the cafeteria when someone was picking on her for her attire (which was mainly her nose and eyebrow ring). Fire then spread every where and burning anything of the school it could, Lucy was quickly expelled.

“L..Lucy!” Abby said quickly, glancing at Lucy’s undaunted face. She was about to use another one of her powers to stop Lucy when her hand stopped and dematerialize. Lucy grunted and pulled her hand away and showed a toothy smile at Abby.

“Did you actually think that I was going to burn you?” Lucy asked as she let go of Abby and sat up.

“I...” Abby started, but never managed to finish. She took Lucy’s hand and got up on her feet and smiled back at Lucy who tried to keep her cough quiet. “Oh, sorry Lucy.” And within seconds, the fog faded and Lucy could see and breath once again.

The sound of a large vehicle was heard as the two teens were grinning at each other. Abby looked to her left, and about one hundred yards away was the guard’s patrolling vehicle, a few riding on top. She knew they were shouting, but couldn’t comprehend them. “Let’s go, Abby!” Lucy called, grabbing Abby by the wrist and dragged her along until they were caught at a dead end. “Great, just great! I’m going to get caught again!”

Abby rolled her eyes as Lucy continued to mutter about how much trouble she was going to be in. She pushed aside a small stone block and pointed at the small entrance. “We get into the school from here.” She explained, watching distain show on Lucy’s face.

“Oh.. hell no.” Lucy mustered. “There’s no way I’m crawling through that small space!” She folded her arms and put an annoyed look on her face.

“Stop being stubborn!” Abby reasoned and looked back, seeing the guards finally making their way closer. “It’s either crawling through that, or getting caught!”

After a few incoherent words, Lucy dropped down to the ground and started to crawl into the small area. It was actually not that dirty at all and was easy to navigate through. Abby followed shortly behind her, the stone covering the hole once she was in it. After what seemed forever, Lucy crawled out of the hole and stood in one of the school’s hallways. Abby followed a couple seconds after and flashed a smile at Lucy.

“How in the world did you know about that?” Lucy asked quickly, turning to face Abby with a questioning look on her face. Abby tried to explain Lucy why, but she felt a presence emerge around them.

Lucy shortly noticed the presence, and looked away from Abby. She growled and raised a hand in the air. “Who’s there?” She said huskily, eyes narrowed and looking towards a wall. “Show yourself or I will burn you, kid!”

The two girls knew the thing moved, before it let out a simple “boo!”. Neither flinched- were as they looked unimpressed if anything. “Oh come on! At least be scared!” Was the next thing that came, a voice that was narrowly lower than a woman’s voice.

Abby rolled her eyes as she put a hand on her hip. “Look, show yourself or get lost. We’re not here to deal with morons like you.”

“Then what’s the fun in that?” The voice responded with a dull tone. “Now, I’m sure two pretty ladies shouldn’t be out and about at this time at night.”

Lucy lunged a fist forward in an attempt to hit the person square in the face, but missed. “Speak for yourself.”

“H..hey!” The voice sounded flustered. “I’m not a lady!” Lucy rolled her eyes as the figure finally showed itself to Abby and Lucy. He had dark brown hair with chocolate colored eyes, he was a bit tall, and wore blue jeans and a plaid teeshirt.

Without missing a beat, Abby kicked the brown haired teen in his manhood. He cringed and brought his hands to his pelvic area, whimpering. “Now, if you excuse us, we’ll be going now.” Without looking back at the teen, she strutted off.

Lucy glanced at Abby and leaned down to look at him. “Listen, kid, you better watch it.” And with that, she was off herself.

xxxxx

As Lucy sat in the cafeteria reading the newspaper the next morning, she couldn’t get her mind off the where she got kicked by Abby. It didn’t help that where she hit her where was one of her old burn marks was from. Taking a long sip from her hot chocolate, she idly read the newspaper. On the front page was an article about the strange beasts that had everyone’s attention lately, where they’d only come out at night and attack anything possible.

“Morning Lucy!”

Lucy looked up from the newspaper at Abby, who she smiled at. Abby sat down with her breakfast and gave a questioning look to the newspaper in Lucy’s hand. “Oh,” came out of Lucy’s mouth as she turned it so Abby could see it. “More beasts, attacked an old couple in a few towns over from us.”

The smile on Abby’s face fell as she listened to Lucy talk. “Really?” She asked and took the newspaper from her, scanning over it. “That’s sad, what did they ever do to deserve that?”

Lucy shrugged and leaned back in her seat. “Their time was coming anyways.” She took another drink from her hot chocolate before looking over her shoulder to the guy that sat himself down a few minutes ago. He had medium length orange hair that a green beanie cap covered and ultramarine colored eyes. Lucy couldn’t figure out much from the way he was sitting, other than he was wearing a dark blue shirt and seemed a bit scrawny.

“Lucy?” Abby asked, snapping her fingers. “Are you zoning out on me?” Lucy quickly looked back at Abby and shook her head.

“I thought I saw something outside.” Was the white lie that Lucy tried. When watching Abby raise an eyebrow, she knew that it wasn’t believable at all.

“Really...? The windows are behind me, not you.” She replied with a grin on her face. “I know you were looking at that guy behind you.”

Lucy blinked and glanced past her shoulder. “No I wasn’t, I was glaring at the kid that was sitting with him.”

Yeah Lucy, that’s totalllly more believable.

Abby eyed her before looking past Lucy’s hair, she then gasped and a disgusted look showed on her face. “It’s that kid from last night!” She whispered to Lucy, pushing her face so she could see him as well.

“Oh what the hell..” Lucy muttered and rolled her eyes. The two teens were in some kind of deep conversation, and the brown haired one that they encountered last night seemed to be doing most of the talking. “That moron is friends with him?”

“Who’s him?” Abby asked with a sly look on her face, a giggle escaping her lips. Lucy turned to protest, but it wasn’t worth it. Abby already caught on and was grinning like a mad woman. “It’s the ginger, isn’t it?”

“I wouldn’t call him a ginger..”

“So it is him?”

“...Well..” Lucy sighed and put her hands up in defeat. “Okay, I was looking at him. Is that a crime?”

Abby grinned at Lucy, and leaned forward. “Tota-”

“Hey!” Called a voice from across the room. Abby’s face showed disgust as she looked past Lucy and at the teen that tried to scare them last night. Once eye contact was made, a grin grew on his face. “Yeah, you!”

“I have a name, you know!” Abby spat at him, leaning back. “But why should I even listen to you?”

The elder of the two boys stood up first, muttering something to the younger one, who snickered and got up. The dark brown haired one made his way over to the table and sat down next to Abby, brushing their shoulders as he did so. “So listen up, girly. I have something to say.”

The elder one with the orange hair followed shortly, standing aside of the table, glancing down at the newspaper. “Make it quick Luke, we don’t have all day.”

“How would you two lovely ladies.. -- OW!” Luke cringed and backed his seat, glaring at Lucy who narrowed her eyes at him. “L-like I was saying, how would you two like to join us in the battle tonight?”

“Battle?” Lucy leaned forward, putting her elbows on the table and supported her head with her hands. “You’ve caught my attention boy, keep talking.”

Luke grinned slyly and winked at Abby, who’s face turned a light shade of pink and scoffed. “The school’s letting everybody use our powers tonight, for a couple hours.”

“And as you would now, that’s rare.” The elder one continued, looking between Lucy and Abby. “So I.. well, Luke was figuring since you’re pissed at him, that you’d like to fight him to get rid of that ‘anger’.”

Luke smirked and poked Abby. “If you can hit me, of course.” He earned another kick to his shin, and with that he quickly got up and stood next to the elder one. “Connor and I will be there when it starts, we’ll be waiting ladies.”

And with a wink, the two off them walked off, leaving the girls sitting there with thoughts wondering. Lucy then sighed and leaned back in her seat, having the chair on two legs. “I think we should show up, I mean, I wouldn’t mind kicking that guy’s BANNANA.”

Abby bit her lip and took the newspaper, standing up. “I don’t know Lucy, I don’t want to fight them.” Lucy made a face as she watched Abby walk to her side, pushing her so her chair was back on all four legs. “But if you want to, go ahead. I know this is great for you.”

“Are you sure?” Lucy asked after a few seconds, looking up to see Abby nod carefully. “Fine, but if you need me, I’ll have my cell phone on me.”

Abby laughed and started to walk off. “Don’t burn it this time, okay?”

Lucy turned around to give her a response, but Abby had migrated through the crowd and was gone. With a deep breath, Lucy got up and made her way through the same crowd, going her own way. She knew some stared, but she bit her lip to keep her cool as she kept her gaze in front of her.

“Hault,” said a guard who was about a foot taller than her, sticking a hand out in front of the ‘flame’ head. “Where do you think you’re going, Ms. Overholt?” He had short black hair and a scar that hovered above his right eye. His stare was harsh, and the tone he used with his voice wasn’t hospitable.

Lucy looked up at the guard and narrowed her eyes at him. The guards never truly trusted Lucy because she was always out in the grounds at night, which was strictly against the rules and she managed to put up a fight with all of them. Of course, they didn’t have any sympathy and attacked her back. “I was going to go back to my room, if that was okay with you.”

He looked down at her, glancing at the gray locket that was suspended on her chest by a matching grey chain. “There’s no need for you to be by the dorms, it’s still breakfast.” He responded after a moment, watching her groan and take a step back.

“Oh come on!” Lucy tried to plunge forward and through the tall guard, but he grabbed her with a simple movement. “I just want to go to my room!”

“No can do, Ms. Overholt.” He replied with a low tone, staring into her olive green eyes. She forced her wrist out of his tight grip and rubbed it slowly with her hand. He looked away, keeping his place in front of the hallway.

Lucy was beyond annoyed at this point, as her hands caught fire and she thrusted them out at the guard in front of her. He took a few steps back, gasping in shock as his uniform was combusted. She took this as her chance, hands still on fire as she made a swift moment by him and rushing down the hall. Her victory was cut short as water flowed through the hallway and Lucy was pulled in by the current, flames disintegrating.

A younger, more fit guard grasped Lucy’s arm and pulled her up. “Master’s office. NOW.”

Lucy sighed, not bothering to fight.

It was one of those days.
    Runo191
    Runo191

Entertaining the Flames ;  Empty Re: Entertaining the Flames ;

Post  Runo191 Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:42 pm

So Good. ♥♥

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 8:19 pm