Sun Kissed Studios

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Sun Kissed Studios

Tell Me, Tell Me, Baby~

SensationalRunt
    SensationalRunt

Tell Me, Tell Me, Baby~ Empty Tell Me, Tell Me, Baby~

Post  SensationalRunt Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:47 am

He watched her pull her small legs closer to her body. Her eyelids fluttered over her dazzling green eyes as her long eyelashes batted against her soft cheeks. He saw her finally rest her trembling body, easing it from the cold that enclosed around her. She let a warm breath escape her shivering rosy lips and he couldn't help but stare at her. How was it possible for her to be at such ease at a time like this? Didn't she feel as anxious and restless as he did? What had this "Dexter" guy, if he really was real-- which he seriously doubted, because why would she ever love anybody but him?-- done to Amy? She used to be so full of life, full of spunk, full of energy... at least, whenever he was around. It was like someone lit a fire in her eyes whenever he showed up.

Was it possible that she didn't have any feelings for him anymore...?

Right.

Like that would ever happen.

He figured that was why he was feeling so drawn to her. He felt himself more attached, these days... now that she was dating someone. She was still Amy Rose; she still giggled the same and smiled the same as she always had. The only difference was that he knew that she was giving another man those smiles and those giggles and those looks with those big green eyes that he loved so much. Didn't she knew that those looks were reserved for him and him only? He was the hero and she was the heroine (and occasional damsel).

He also figured that's why he found himself crawling over to her. It wasn't often that he allowed himself to get close to her. To be honest, she brought out a side in him that even he himself didn't know existed. When she was around he found himself to act softer, sweeter... shyer. It wasn't like him... it scared him to know that she was the only one who possessed the ability to pull out this side of him.

He wrapped his arms around her. Instantly, her eyes shot open. She stared at him and he felt himself push forward onto her. He needed confirmation. He craved for her to tell him that she had just made Dexter up to make him jealous... because, honestly, he thought it was working. He was thinking about her more often then he usually did. He needed to know that she still loved him... he needed to know that she still looked up to him and trusted him with her heart even though he had broken it more times then he could count... much too many then he should have.

She gasped his name but he pressed his finger against her soft lips and she instantly silenced. He scooped her up into his arms. He forgot how much he loved holding her; her lissome hands carved against his neck, her lithe arms rested around his shoulders. Her head pressed against his chest firmly. Her entire body felt sylphlike. He felt the wind smash against his face and run through his quills. The all-too familiar grin smeared across his muzzle and his hands curved around her protectively. He almost forgot the rush he received when he held her in his arms and ran.

He brought her out to the woods. He didn't want anybody to see him and her together; Knuckles would surely tease him, and Rouge would never let Amy live it down-- the two were constantly at each other's necks about the whole 'Dexter' situation. Rouge found it okay to flirt with him (playfully, he hoped) now that Amy was dating someone.

He let her down once he knew that they were far enough away from everyone else. She collected herself and promptly planted her hands on her thin hips and pouted at him. Her small lip plucked out and he couldn't help but stifle a chuckle. She was cute with everything she did.

"So?" She asked.

"So... what?" He countered, the airy grin poking her in the side vaguely.

She sighed in annoyance and threw her hands down. "Why are you being all touchy-feely all of a sudden?" She asked meekly, her jade eyes narrowing at him. "I have a boyfriend, you know."

He rolled his eyes. "Ames, you and I both know that Dexter isn't real. You made him up."

"You don't think I could get a boyfriend!" She exclaimed, her eyes enflaming with passion and he knew that he was either in for a world of hurt or a tackle-hug. "You think I'm incapable of dating anyone but you."

"Well, history repeats itself, you know." He said with that cocky grin that made her want to smack him in the face and kiss him at the same time.

And, if just to prove his point, he snaked his arm around her tiny waist and pulled her close to him-- so close that their chests were pushed together so firmly that not even a piece of paper could slide through. Her lips curled into a smile as they betrayed her. He grinned at her again; his deed had been done, his point had been proven. He could read her so well.

"Let me go." She said softly, even though he knew that she didn't mean it. "I can't do this."

"Just admit you made him up and I'll let you go." He bargained.

Maybe something had changed over the time that he had been gone. Even thought she was clearly blushing, clearly feeling something a little more then friendship, she was still resisting. She somehow managed to find the will to push away from him. Her hands fought up to his shoulders and she pushed away. "Sonic, I can't do this. I have a boyfriend."

"No you don't!" He gasped at her. She jumped and stumbled backwards, out of his grasp. Her enchanting gaze pointed towards the ground. He had startled her. He groaned inwardly and pulled his hands behind his head. "Argh, I didn't mean to snap at you."

"I-It's okay." She stuttered. He mentally kicked himself in the head. He'd never heard her this nervous before. "But, Sonic..." she gazed back up at him with those big viridian eyes and he felt himself turn into a metaphorical puddle of mush. "I can't do this. I'm not going to cheat on Dexter."

"You can't cheat on someone who doesn't exist, Ames." He finally managed after collecting himself. "Why are you sticking to this lie so much?"

"Because it's not a lie, Sonic!" She fought back. Her pigeon-toed stance stiffened as she advanced on him, her green eyes blazing. Her peachy muzzle was decorated with pink. "I know you don't think I'm capable of having a boyfriend, okay? I know that everyone thinks that. I'm not a little girl anymore, Sonic! I'm 15." She said evenly, boldly. If she wanted to sound powerful then she was succeeding. "I'm an attractive young woman and I can date whoever I please. You're not in charge of my love life."

His eyes wandered down from her face. He wasn't going to argue that she wasn't attractive. Her small frame worked for her; she was slender in many ways. Her eyes were energetic and striking. He had never seen that shade of jade anywhere else. Her stance, though it made her look clumsy, also made her look cute. He appreciated her thin, doll hips. Plus, there were other things that most males would generally notice about her that were pleasing...

"My eyes are up here, Sonic." She mused. He jumped and gazed back at her jade eyes, a sheepish look sketched across his face.

"Eheh, right..." he started. "...sorry..."

He could see the smallest smile pulling at the corners of her rosy lips. Was she actually happy that she caught him staring at her indecently? Was she, dare he say it, pleased that she could pull a reaction like that out of him? So, in reality, she still liked him to a degree. He wasn't sure if it was love or not, but she definitely wasn't completely over him. He savored the feeling more then he should have. Amy Rose was still his girl, wether she--or he, at moments--knew it or not.

"So, um, anyways..." she trailed off. "If that's the only reason you brought me out here, then I'm gonna go back to camp." She informed him.

He let out a breath. "Yeah, sure."

A wave of disappointment shone through her tell-tale eyes. He could tell that she was upset; it was painfully obvious. He turned to start walking back. "I'm sorry." She said softly. He turned around to look at her. She was looking up at him with her eyes, but her head was pivoted downward a bit. She shuffled her feet. "I... I don't mean to be so snippy."

He grinned at her. "Hey, your name says a lot about you. So you have a few thorns...I still like ya." He winked at her and a wave of pinkness spread across her peachy muzzle.

"You... like me?" She asked slowly.

"Maybe." He shrugged. "Doesn't matter, though, does it? If I do then won't Dexter come and try to beat me up?"

"He.. he..." She stared at the ground. Hook, line and sinker.

She looked back up at him with her big green eyes and miraculously this time he managed not to melt. Her small hands rung together as her gold bangles made a small dinging sound as they brushed together. Her soft lips rubbed together--anticipation, maybe?-- and she let out a small sigh.

"Are you going to say something, or are you going to just sit there and gawk?" He asked, his familiar ego rushing back into him. It felt good to be annoying again.

"Why do you have to be so infuriating?" She asked slowly, her eyesight raising back up to match his. "Why couldn't you just make this easy for me for once?"

He rolled his eyes and spun around, his arms folding over his chest. His right foot tapped on the ground in a bored manner. "You're the one making this difficult, Ames. Making up imaginary boyfriends and all." He said evenly. His eyes skimmed over her lazily.

"You don't understand!" She shouted, catching him off guard. Being away from her for so long had made him become less aware of her sudden mood swings. He had almost forgotten that Amy wore her heart on her sleeve. There weren't many things that she concealed from the public. "You've never understood what it's like to be me!"

He sighed, wearily. Why did every conversation with her turn into a soap opera? "Ames--"

"No, don't 'Ames' me!" She stomped her feet and thrust her hands downward, her livid eyes piercing his mellow gaze. "I'm tired of lame excuses! I just want answers, okay? Honestly, how do you feel about me?!" She took a deep breath and took another bold step towards him. His adrenaline was pumping around his brain; the fight-or-flight alarm was ringing inside his head. "I'm not going to admit to anything if you're just going to run off again."

"How would Dexter feel about this?" He asked, smugly.

Her eyes enflamed even more--which, apparently, was possible-- and she spoke in a low, tight voice. "You're full of it, you know that?!" She snapped.

"So I've heard." He said smoothly. Her eyes darted around his form dangerously. He wondered what she could have been thinking. Just what was she planning to do? It wasn't like she could pull a fast one over him. He was far more quick and clever then she was, as cold as that may have sounded. "Is this conversation going anywhere, or...?" he trailed off, impatiently.

"You're the one who started it, mister big shot." She snapped, pushing her hair off of her small shoulders. It curled around her muzzle pleasantly.

He shook his head at her. "You're crazy, kid."

She gave him a look and turned her head swiftly, her quills swinging behind her faithfully. It was absolutely the oddest thing ever, watching her walk away.

Why was it so attractive?

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 9:00 pm