Sun Kissed Studios

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Sun Kissed Studios

4 posters

Whisper In The Wind (RATED M FOR MATURE! Has some kissing and what not xD)

Max
    Max

Whisper In The Wind (RATED M FOR MATURE! Has some kissing and what not xD) Empty Whisper In The Wind (RATED M FOR MATURE! Has some kissing and what not xD)

Post  Max Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:34 pm

Whisper in the wind- Part 1

Written by Max, edited by YumiOfTheFadedTsunami (Fate)

I stared up at the sky from my perch on one of the forest‘s pine trees. I loved the way the wind was running through my long golden brown hair. The moon was bright tonight. Everything was quiet, not a sound could be heard, in the forest I call home, excluding the far-off sounds of my family laughing and enjoying the night together. My name's Maximum Ride, call me Max please! My family and I aren’t normal. To be honest, we are very amazing, not to sound to full of ourselves or anything like that.

"Max!" I heard Kana, the eldest of my sisters, call from the forest floor. I looked down from my branch only to see her waving at me excitedly. Her blonde hair began to blow in her face from the wind and she comically attempted to get it away from her face and wave at the same time. I felt a smile meet my lips. Kana is hardly what you could define as “one who acts their age”. Kana is seventeen, a whopping two years older than myself. Despite her age, she is probably the most childish of the entire family.

"Come on, Twinnie! It's time for bed!" she chimed playfully, her blue eyes glowing with mirth and childishness. That's right, she calls me “Twinnie”. Some of you may laugh at that, but it fits our relationship to me. We are, after all, like twins, except for a few small differences.

"Coming, Kana!" I got to my feet, and before I could chicken out, I jumped. First came the cool feeling of the wind rushing through my hair. Then the deafening sound of the wind followed afterwards. I was twenty feet from the ground, when I snapped open my wings. That's right, wings. I am a genetically mutated freak! Welcome to my world. I have a thirteen foot wingspan baby! My wings are jet black in color. The dark color of my feathers make my hair appear to be a gold shade.

I landed on the ground beside Kana without a sound. I tucked my wings in neatly behind my back. Now that I was beside Kana I could see her in extreme detail. Her head was topped with a pair of pointed red ears that were covered in a plush-like fur. She tilted her head at my innocently, and her similarly colored bushy tail added to the movement by smoothly dancing behind her. Oh, yes, I forgot to mention that Kana is part fox. So sorry.

"Do we really need to go to bed this early?" I asked lamely.

"Yup!" she said in her childish sing-song voice. "Come on!" she said, grabbing my wrist and pulling me along behind her.

"Be gentle with me!" She pulled me around some bushes, through some creeks, And then BAM! We were home. Our family, Kasey, Fate, Souma, and Kat were all waiting for us. I got nervous when I felt the glare of piecing red eyes in my direction.

"It's about time, Max! Why'd you run off on us?" Fate questioned me in her usual stern manner, but her face appeared gentle and understanding, so I knew I wasn’t in too much trouble. The small blonde was so much younger than the rest of us, but was surprisingly the most motherly. It always made me wonder about what hardships she had faced before she joined our family. I shrugged in the most nonchalant manner I could muster.

"I just had to fly solo for awhile..." I answered quietly. "Well don't run off without telling us! We were worried about you!" Kat said smiling goofily. Then she punched me lightly on the shoulder in her usual teasing way.

"Sorry." I replied smiling.

"Remember to tell us that you need time alone next time, Max. Okay?" Fate asked with a smile, unknowingly showing off her sharp canines.

"Okay, Omega!" I teased.

"Don't call me Omega!" she said with a disappointed pout. I didn’t know what Omega meant, but I knew she hated it at least, and that was all that mattered when it came to teasing the normally stern and mature ten-year old. I discreetly glanced around and noticed that Kasey sat quietly on a boulder a few yards away, probably trying to keep her distance from our little wolf out of instinct. She was licking her hand like she was getting ready for a cat bath, though she was still watching us intently. Her whole body was layered with onyx stripes, while the rest of her skin contrasted greatly in color, with almost a paper white pigment.

"Could you not do that?" I asked. "It's disturbing to watch Kass..." I said, feeling a bit wide-eyed. Kasey turned a bit pink in the cheeks and smiled sheepishly she meowed, giving me an apologetic look.

"Can we go to bed now? I'm sleepy!" Souma, the second youngest member of our family, and Kat's younger sister by birth, whined loudly, the stretched and made a silent yawn. Kat glomped the poor girl and began to tease her. Despite Kat’s teasing, Kat herself began to yawn mid-tease and her bunny ears began to droop over her eyes. Kat made an effort to pretend she was wide awake. It was obvious though, that she was being a hypocrite and was tired as well.

"Okay, okay!" Fate laughed wolfishly and herded everyone toward the edge of the woods. Everyone gathered moss and leaves for their bedding, and quickly began to settle down. Fate wandered away from the woods once everyone was settled. She laid down on some rocks near the still burning fire, almost too close to the flames for a normal person. Then again, nothing was really normal for this family.

"Night, Twinnie!" Kana called out. I smiled and walked over to hug her.

"Night, Twinnie." I whispered back as I pulled away. I then slowly opened my wings as I kicked off the ground hard. I soared up into the cool night air. I settled down on a tree branch that looked like it was strong enough to support me. Life was set for me. I had everything I could ever want or need. So explain to me, why was it I felt like I was in danger?

Last edited by Max on Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:57 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Fate was being an editor :P)
    XxWaterFlowerxX
    XxWaterFlowerxX

Whisper In The Wind (RATED M FOR MATURE! Has some kissing and what not xD) Empty Re: Whisper In The Wind (RATED M FOR MATURE! Has some kissing and what not xD)

Post  XxWaterFlowerxX Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:42 pm

OHMIGOSH I LOVEEE THIS TWINNIE. OOO: <333 WRITE MOREEE. MOREEEEEEEEE.

*chants* MORE. MORE. MORE. MORE-- *is shot*
    Max
    Max

Whisper In The Wind (RATED M FOR MATURE! Has some kissing and what not xD) Empty Re: Whisper In The Wind (RATED M FOR MATURE! Has some kissing and what not xD)

Post  Max Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:15 pm

Whisper in the wind- Part two

Written by Max, Edited by Fate

I was surrounded by darkness. I blinked again, and again, but yet it was to no avail.

‘Where am I? What's happening?’ I questioned myself. Then, I saw a figure slowly start to emerge from within the darkness. My eyes began to widen as I was able to make out the person in detail. The figure was at least a foot taller than me, and I'm at least 5‘ 7. His black hair was unnaturally long, flowing far past his waist. He wore a black, leather overcoat, and some faded black jeans. His eyes were closed, but he looked like an angel. No, he looked like a god.

My breath was caught in my lungs. He had to be a god, his features were perfect, and I could see a great deal of muscle tone beneath his overcoat. His eyes opened ever so slowly, revealing dark chocolate orbs. He smiled at me, flashing flawless white teeth. He was...beautiful. He was so perfect that it was difficult for me to describe him with words. I was speechless.

"Max..." His voice was smooth like velvet. He walked over to me and pulled me into a warm embrace. "I will be forever with you, my Max."

"Max? Max? MAX?!" a concerned voice broke through the darkness. The god embracing me began to slowly disintegrate before my eyes. It was then my real eyes shot open, and I fell off my tree branch clumsily. The cool wind grazing my skin sent a shock through my system, and my brain went into over drive. Out of instinct, I corrected my mistake by opening my wings to slow my fall. I blinked a few times getting the sleep out of my eyes, letting out a low growl of annoyance as I did so. My wing grazed a branch and I started to free fall again, but I was close to the ground so I didn't have to worry. I did a front flip, then landed on one knee. I looked back up at the cursed tree that I had been sleeping in, only to see Kasey sitting on the branch above the one I fell from, looking down at me. Her piercing feline eyes were wide as if she was in shock.

"What the heck, Kasey?! How many times have I told you? Never wake up a bird-kid when she's sleeping in a TREE!" I snapped at the girl.

"Your the one who fell off!" she hissed back. I prepared to hurl an insult her way when I heard a small bark from behind me. It was obviously Kana, since the younger of the canine- like girls was never an early riser.

"Stop fighting!" Kana pleaded with us. Kana looked to be in a good mood with us today, and I didn’t know about Kasey, but I did not want to be the cause of Kana’s temper today. Kana bounced toward me and helped me to my feet while dusting the dirt off of my jeans.

"You okay, Twinnie?" she asked with a worried expression. "I'm fine, Kana. My wing's just a bit hurt from hitting that branch. I'll live though!" I smirked playfully. I heard Kasey let out a sigh as she dug her claws into the tree trunk and made her way down.

"Yay! Then let's go get something to eat!" Kana skipped away, her tail swishing around behind her. I swear, every movement she makes looks almost like a dance. Kasy followed behind her and quickly caught up to her and challenged her to a race. Their rivalry was amusing to everyone in our family. I jogged behind them, trying to keep up with the swiftness and agility of the fox and tiger ahead of me. As I jogged, I couldn't help but let my mind wander to the strange dream I had.

‘Who was that being, and what did he want with me? Was it just one of my normal, but random dreams, or was it all real?’

Last edited by YumiOfTheFadedTsunami on Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:14 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Fate was being an editor :P)
    Max
    Max

Post  Max Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:03 am

Whisper in the wind- part 3

Written by Max, edited by Fate

It didn’t take to long to get to the camp-site. Kat and Souma were easy to find, as they were sitting in plain site on the river bed. They appeared to be looking through the crystal clear waters, probably in awe at the fish.

Fate was also quite easy to find. The young wolf was still curled up on her bed of rocks in a deep sleep. The coals of the fire still provided her some heat to shield her from the chill of the morning air. At least, that’s how it appeared.

Apparently, it was later in the day than I had previously thought. Not too far from the wolf-pup was a pile of varying fruits. Usually it was Fate, Kasey, and myself who gathered food for meals. Kasey would usually prepare anything meat related, due to her superior hunting skills, leaving Fate and I to gather berries that were safe to eat.

I had obviously been asleep, which meant that either someone had went to gather food that had no clue what they were doing, or Fate was truly awake. The second option seemed more likely, as despite her stern personality, Fate was quite lazy.

After a long drawn out attempt to get the lazy ten year old to get up by myself and Kana, Kasey eventually got a pail of river water and poured it on the girl. That woke her up! Finally we could eat!

"I can't eat another bite," I moaned, pushing the remains of my meal toward Kana. Kana accepted the food happily and continued to munch whatever she had pulled out of her huge pile of food without a second glance. I gaped at her like fish out of water.

"How can you eat so much?" I asked in awe. She swallowed a bit down. Then a teasing glint appeared in her eyes as she opened her mouth to respond.

"It's a talent! And you should eat more. Your very skinny! You need some meat on those bone's!" I let out a sigh.

"I don't eat a lot because if I get too fat I won't be able to get off the ground!" I whined.

"Well that doesn’t matter." Kat replied, eating a blueberry.

"Well, I'm with Max! I'm stuffed!" Souma agreed loudly. Fate sighed and sat quietly munching slowly on her apple. Her eyes were a blurry red in color, showing that she was tired and bored, as she usually was in the morning. Deciding I should get some exercise, I got to my feet and opened my wings. I winced, realizing my right wing was still sore from whacking it this morning.

"Is your wing better yet, Twinnie?" Kana asked. Though she did not look up from her pile of food, it was obvious she was concerned. I stretched it out more and winced again.

"Still badly sore, but I'm okay. I should go out flying. Get in some practice and stuff." Kana's eyes widened with disappointment.

"But, Kat and I were going to go for a walk after this! Pwease come Twinnie!" I shook my head. As much as it pained me to say no to her, I needed my flying time.

"Sorry Twinnie. Is this okay with you, Fate?" I asked. Fate was still obviously up in the clouds, but gave a small nod.

"Go ahead." She said, void of all emotion. She was like a different person in the morning.

"Try not to get lost up there." Kasey told me jokingly, flicking a strawberry at my face, which I avoided smoothly. I gave playful glare then a sharp nod in her direction.

"Thanks," I snapped open my wings, got a running start, then flew up into the air. Within seconds I was already higher than the tree's. Oh, my God! I love flying!

I cut through the air like a knife through butter. I was at least 450 feet up in the air. Talk about extreme! Since I was part bird, I had air sacs, so I always had plenty of air. My were bone's hollow, so I was only a hundred pounds.

I heard a rumble, and it wasn't from my stomach either. I looked at the clouds. They were black. Aw, man! Why didn't I bother to pay attention!? I quickly switched to flying on my side and then turned around. The winds were against me, making it harder to fly. The sky rumbled again, and this time, there was a flash of light.

BOOM!

The sound almost made me go deaf. Then, to make matters worse, it began to rain. At first it was drizzling like a light shower, but the it began pouring. Now I began to wonder why I didn’t just go on a walk with Kana and Kat.

The winds were wild, and it wasn't helping my hurt wing at all. How stupid of me. The rain was stinging me like wasps, and it was also making me almost totally blind. The girls were probably worried sick about me! I was so furiously mad at myself for going off on my own. Kana would be miserable if I died.

My eyes scanned the land below. There! A small place for me to land beside that stream! I started to land when a strike of lighting appeared in front of me. It startled me enough to lose control of my wings and plummet down toward the ground. It surprised me when I didn't land on the cold, hard ground. I had landed in the stream.

My wings pulled in behind my back, and my eyes closed out of instinct. My hands and arms flew around me wildly, trying to find something to grasp. My lungs felt like they were about to explode.

OPEN YOUR EYES, DANG IT! OPEN THEM, NOW!
    I forced my eyes open, all I saw was endless blue and dark shadows. I didn't know which was up, and which was down. This was going to be my tomb. My watery grave. Kana and the rest of my family would ever know what happened to me.

Something hard hit the back of my head, a rock maybe. It was enough to knock all the air out of me. My vision was going black.

This is the end...I'm sorry...everyone...

The last thing I saw was a shadowy figure, swimming in my direction.

Last edited by YumiOfTheFadedTsunami on Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:07 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Fate was being an editor :P)
    SensationalRunt
    SensationalRunt

Post  SensationalRunt Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:06 am

Kat approves of this message. 8D
    XxWaterFlowerxX
    XxWaterFlowerxX

Post  XxWaterFlowerxX Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:15 am

SensationalRunt wrote:Kat approves of this message. 8D

Kana seconds that approval! 8D

... man, that is SO me. I can (and will) eat. and eat. and eat. and eat.. I never get full x___x
    Max
    Max

Post  Max Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:46 pm

Whispers in the wind - Part 4

Written by Max, edited by Fate

It was warm here. I felt no pain. My clothes were dry and warm, and whatever I was laying on was soft, like, satin. It was like sleeping on a cloud. If you could sleep on one without falling through it I mean.

I felt a gentle hand move my hair away from my neck, making me shiver. I was too scared to open my eyes. Maybe I was dead. If I was dead, I was going to be pissed, because I obviously can't talk to my friend's if I am DEAD. That would make things very hard.

I knew I had to open my eyes sooner or later, so I hesitantly opened my eyes. I was in a dark room. The walls a deep red color, not a menacing blood-like red though. No lights were on except for the occasional lightning flash illuminating the room through the window. If I didn't have raptor vision, then I would have been totally blind.

‘Where the heck am I?’ I slowly sat up. The back of my head throbbed in pain.

"Ugh...my head." I rasped. My voice sounded dry and sickly, which shocked me.

"Take it easy. You hit your head pretty hard." I froze. I had heard that voice before. It was almost like the voice from the dream I had the night before. No, it was the voice from my dream. I slowly looked behind me.

Sitting there in a chair, arms folded, was a guy. But no, just not any guy, it was the godly being that had been on my mind for the past day, and the dream I had definitely not done him justice. He was a much more beautiful person in reality.

I couldn't breath, I could only stare at his godly face. He frowned.

"It's not of good manners to stare, especially before you have introduced yourself." he said forcefully, yet quietly. I blushed and quickly looked away, feeling stupid. "

Sorry, sorry." I said apologetically. A smile met his lips and every nerve in my body went haywire.

"No need to worry, it is perfectly fine considering your situation" he assured me.

“May I ask for your name?" I looked up into his dark brown eyes, the were calm and gentle. I wanted to melt into them.

"Max." I answered strongly, feeling my energy start to come back.

"I guess I should inform you of my name as well,” The young man before me seemed to ponder. “My name is Darkus, Darkus Phoenix" he said seeming to relax a bit.

"Darkus..." I whispered, liking the name. It fit him, despite how strange it seemed.

"Now, on to important matters Max, may I ask why I found you in my stream?" I felt the blood drain from my face. I couldn't tell him, I couldn't. That would be a sin to my family. If I showed him my wings, I knew in my heart, Fate would have a all out fight with me. Fate, despite her age, was the one that believed that the secrecy of our family was of paramount importance. I just couldn't tell Darkus, despite the unusual connection I felt with him.

"I-I...I was walking beside it when I fell in." I said sheepishly. He cocked his head to one side in an innocent manner.

"Oh really? Well then, I guess I should tell you why I was outside in this weather.." he began, and my heart started to race.

"I was looking out my window at the forming storm clouds, when I thought I saw a human figure flying with what appeared to be bird wings. I also was sure that I saw that figure fall into the river. I ran outside to find the one I saw fall, and in return I found you.

“When I got you out of the stream many feathers fell from your jacket. Your back also feels quite deformed when I checked you for injuries." I was frozen. He had gotten me. He had figured me out. I pulled my knee's into my chest and began to cry.

Ohgodohgodohgod!! That's when I felt his arm slide across my shoulder. My breath was frozen in my lungs, I couldn't breath properly.

"Easy, Max... I'm not going to hurt you." he whispered. I looked up to see his face toward me, his eyes inspecting me carefully. All I could see was those dark eyes. His breath tickled my neck. His scent was sweet like candy.

"May I see your wings?" he asked curiously. As much as I wanted to say no, I couldn't. I nodded, and he backed away a bit. I slowly opened my wings and his eyes widened, then his face went back to that calm look I had quickly become accustomed to.

"So I'm not alone..." I looked at him in confusion, until I saw him open his wings.

SensationalRunt
    SensationalRunt

Post  SensationalRunt Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:52 pm

<33

Kat likes romance.
    YumiOfTheFadedTsunami
    YumiOfTheFadedTsunami
    Admin

Location : Somewhere near Hartford according to my IP adress O_o

Post  YumiOfTheFadedTsunami Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:44 pm

This is so amazing Max! :D Keep up the good work ;)
    Max
    Max

Post  Max Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:16 pm

Thank's! XD But you deserve part credit to because you helped me edit! ;)
    XxWaterFlowerxX
    XxWaterFlowerxX

Post  XxWaterFlowerxX Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:34 pm

*squeals like an insane fangirl*

EEEEEPP. EEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPP. 8DDDDD *goes on like this for another 4 minutes*

MORE. MORE. MOREEEEE.!!!!!!!
    YumiOfTheFadedTsunami
    YumiOfTheFadedTsunami
    Admin

Location : Somewhere near Hartford according to my IP adress O_o

Post  YumiOfTheFadedTsunami Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:57 pm

Max wrote:Thank's! XD But you deserve part credit to because you helped me edit! ;)

*Blushes* it's not that big of a deal. It's easy to edit if you have the story almost completely in front of you :) It's harder to write down the ideas, than to edit a story. That's what I think anyway :scratch:

XxWaterFlowerxX wrote:*squeals like an insane fangirl*

EEEEEPP. EEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPP. 8DDDDD *goes on like this for another 4 minutes*

MORE. MORE. MOREEEEE.!!!!!!!

hehe...... :o don't go and have a heart-attack there Kana-nee :o
    Max
    Max

Post  Max Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:51 pm

Whisper in the wind- Part 5

Written by Max, edited by YumiOfTheFadedTsunami (Fate)

I stared at him. Were my eyes playing tricks on me? Was I dreaming? Was I dead? His dark brown eyes almost looked black. His wings weren't...normal. They didn't have feathers. His were almost dragon like. Black highlighted with crimson. They at least had to be fifteen feet.

I stared in disbelief. Kana and the others were animal type hybrids with wolf type gene's or something else. I was the only one created with bird genes. I had always been the odd ball I guess you could say. I hated being the only one with wings. I always felt different. But here I was looking at somebody with wings. They weren't like mine, but he had wings!

He saw the look on my face and quickly tucked his wings in behind his back.

"Wow..." I whispered in shock and awe. He sat down beside me on the bed and looked at me.

"I've been waiting for someone like you, Max. I thought I was alone..." I nodded, biting my lip. He put a hand to my forehead. Making my nerves go wild.

"You better get some rest." He slipped his hand behind my back and and laid me down.

"Good night." He slipped his hand out from under my back and walked out of the room, into the one next door. My eyes suddenly felt very heavy. Even when my eyes were closed, I could still see him, and that godly face of his. Soon, I was in a deep sleep.

I heard a loud moan in the other room. Then the moan's turned from gasps to scream's. The first scream I heard made my eyes flash open and sit upright. I jumped from my bed. My legs felt like jello and my head was throbbing, but I had to make sure Darkus was okay. I ran into his room. And my eyes widened in horror. Darkus was clawing at his chest, he was covered in sweat. He breaths coming out in gasps.
    Max
    Max

Post  Max Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:07 pm

I ran to his side. Now that I was close I could clearly see what was going on. And it was much worse. He had been literally clawing at his chest. There we cuts all over him from where he had been digging at the skin. His eyes were shut tight, his body trembling. The screams pircing my ears. "Darkus!" My voice was panicked.
    But he didn't hear me. I wrapped my arms around him. He fought me, I guess he must have thought I was trying to hurt him. His nails started digging into my skin, and I winced and let out a hiss, ignoring the pain. Pain is just a message, messages can be delayed! You have to help him! "Darkus," I said in a stern voice, "Darkus listen to me..."

"Fiery sunset say good night
    Angels await you in twilight
    Sleep dear Darkus do not cry
    For I am with you your my tie

Ebony twilight lay your head
    Whenever you lie in your bed
    Sleep dear Darkus no more tears
    I'll watch over you no more fear...
    "

His screams were silenced. He had retracted his nails from my arms and laid still. He was panting, his breaths coming out slow and ragged. He was bloody and sweaty, which made my skin crawl. His god like face tired and full of pain. What just happened? I hesitated, wanting to let my fingers run through his hair. But he was in pain, so I needed to take that pain away.
    I allowed a hand to run through his hair. His hair was soft, and so was his pale skin. I hummed my song to him, enjoying being able to run my fingers through that long untamed hair.
    Then, ever so slowly, those dark orbs appeared. His eyes were tired, and confused. "Max...?" I let out a sigh of relief, and forced a slight smile. "Shh...rest. You had a nightmare, Darkus." I whispered softly. He stared up at me, then did somthing I never expected. He nudged his head against my hand, and I felt my cheecks turn red, thank heaven it was a bit dark. "Don't leave..." he mummured. "Okay...but are you alright. You scared me just now. You were shaking and-"
    "Max. I'm fine...just stay with me." I felt a smile slowly come across my face. "Alright, Darkus."
    Max
    Max

Post  Max Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:01 pm

I heard birds singing their soft tunes for the early morning. My squeezed my eyes closed, trying to block out their singing. Then it hit me. My eyes flashed open and I quickly sat upright. Yesterday wasn’t a dream… I was laying on his bed, in his room. Wait, then that means…. DARKUS! My eyes searched wildly for the beautiful god. But alas, he was nowhere in site. My heart was pounding in my chest, my mind racing.
    I jumped from my, soft, safe bed and onto the cool wooden floor. I ran out the door, for just the sun to greet me, warming my skin and feathers. Then a shadow rocketed past me, making me staggered backwards in fear. But then my heart swelled with happiness to find it was my Knight of the Night. His wings looked gorgeous in the sunlight, but I bet they looked even better at night. His beautiful black hair was thrown into a careless ponytail, it flowed behind his like black silk. My breath was caught in my lings. Oh God, he was so amazingly beautiful. Darkus saw me and a smile met his lips. He glided towards me and landed on the deck, folding his wings behind his back. “Hello, Max. How are you feeling?” he asked. My cheeks burned and I quickly looked away. “Um, fine, I guess. My wing still hurts though…”
    “Then allow me,” he said, walking over to me. He placed a hand on my shoulder and then stood behind me. I could feel his breath on my neck, sending chills up and down my spine. I felt his, strong, gentle hand ever so slowly extend my injured wing a bit. I winced a bit, but I didn’t protest. It was has if he knew exactly where my pain was, because he placed his hand there, and began to stroke the feathers. It felt good. He did this for a few minutes, and almost immediately, the pain was slowly going away. Against my will, a moan escaped my will. “Feel good?” he purred in a silky voice. “Yeah.” I said, a bit shaky. “But I feel better now.” Darkus smiled and released my wing and I tucked it in behind my back. “So, um, I need to get going. I bet my family, especially Fate, is having a nervous breakdown.” Darkus’ face saddened about the news. “But your wing is still injured… It would be unwise to strain it anymore than it already is.” Darkus looked away for a moment, as if lost in thought, like he was trying to decide to ask me something. “Max?” he asked, looking back at me with those beautiful brown eyes. “Yeah?” I replied sheepishly. “May I have the honor… of escorting you home?” Those words made my day. “S- Sure!” One of those drop-dead gorgeous smiles spread across his face. “When would you like to leave?”

So, basically, we had to fly home. But, since my wing was still hurt, Darkus had insisted that he carry me. Which I didn’t really mind.
    We flew through the air silently. Darkus was simply amazing at flying, and it was nice to fly without have to remember to push your wings up and down. “Just a bit further, Darkus.” I said, excitement building in my voice. I was both nervous and excited. Nervous, because I had a feeling Fate was going to murder me. Excited, because I wanted to introduce Darkus to my family. “Alright.” he said, beginning to descend. We landed both silently and gracefully. Then set me down gently. “You are great at flying.” I said with a smile. A smirk dared crack on his lips. “Thanks…”
    “Come on,” I urged. I gently took his hand in mine, and almost felt like a shockwave had went right through me. I hope my hand wasn’t gaining the ability to get more nerve sensors. I led him through my familiar home, walking around trails Kasey and I had made in our spare time. This one was the one that lead straight to the heart of our little camp site. After a few minutes of walking, I heard Kat and Fate chatting. My heart started to speed up. “Wait here. I’ll come get you momentarily.” I let go of his hand, and when I did, I felt a bit cold. I ignored the feeling and started walking towards the voices.
    “I’m telling you she’s went off and killed herself!” Kasey said, a frown on her face.
    Kana’s eyes started to form tears. “Twinnie isn’t dead!” she protested. “Calm down, both of you! I’m sure she is alright!” Kat said while putting a reassuring hand on Kana’s shoulder. Kana nodded, as if giving her a silent thank you. “And right she is.” I said, appearing from the shadows. Kana’s eyes lit up with happiness and she jumped into my arms. “MAXIE! Never run away like that again, Twinnie! I was so worried about you! Next time I’ll kill you myself!” she said. I let out a mini-laugh. “Sorry to worry you, Kana.” I said hugging her back. I let go and looked over to Kasey, she had a grin on her face but I could tell she was a bit mad at me. “It’s about time. But anyway, welcome back, Max.” she said, patting my back. I winced when she hit my wing. “Easy, Kasey.”
    “MAX!” My heart stopped and all my blood drained from my face. Fate was standing just a few yards away, arms folded. “Where have you been?” she asked, her voice was stern. “Well, see…” I didn’t really know how to explain it. How was I going to tell I almost killed myself, met the hottest guy on the planet, and spent the night at his house. Now how was that going to sound, eh? Everyone stared at me, and then their eyes widened, and widened, until finally I just thought their eyes would just drop out of their heads and onto the ground.
    Then I felt his arm over my shoulders, and I blushed. “Please, do not be angry at Max. She was injured. So I offered her refuge at my cabin. I did not allow her to leave because I was afraid by flying home in the storm she might get hurt again. So please excuse her.” he said in his calm voice. They all just stared wide eyed at my beautiful dark mate. Boy was this going to be interesting…

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 10:30 pm